Under the able leadership of farmer Jacob Brownwoord, the EarthLab fram is in production. Assisted by dedicated Groundwork staffer Alex Garcia, Jacob is turning the farm into a hub of educational and production activity. He has recruited students, volunteers, and advisers, and developed a business plan under which local farm to table restaurants will utilize the crops. Come see us!
Groundwork San Diego-Chollas Creek
is seeking volunteers to assist with the
EarthLab Farm and Farm to School Program
Volunteers are needed to support our new farm. If you…
- love working on the land,
- want to learn more horticulture/small farm agriculture
- are committed to helping Groundwork achieve its climate action and food justice goals
this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
Four hours per week preferred.
Training will be provided.
Contact Jacob Brownwood or Patrice Baker at 619-543-0430 or
Earthlab Volunteer Duties and Hours
- Earthlab Propagation Center
-Weeding pots, potting seedlings from trays to 1g pots
- Earthlab Farm
– Tasks change weekly as season progresses; weeding, planting, harvesting
– Tuesdays and Thursdays 9am-1pm
– Every Saturday 9am-1pm